Friday, September 18, 2009

Episode 305

A new show on the CW, Vampire Diaries, recently caught my attention when I heard it described as "Dawson's Creek meets Twilight". Well, what could be better? Unless Paul Rudd were involved, I don't think this idea could be improved upon at all.

And then I watched the trailer.

So it turns out that by "Dawson's Creek meets Twilight" they meant "Twilight aired on the network that happened to also air Dawson's Creek." This trailer could have been played out with Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson, and I literally wouldn't have batted an eye, except to wonder why Twilight was now a TV series.

Thanks CW, but I think I'll stick with Gossip Girl. That's more like Dawson's Creek meets crack cocaine.

1 comment:

  1. I see where the DC comparison came in. It has the whole playing on the football team, homecoming dances and at least pretending to go to high school thing going on (Twilight has very little of that, you have to admit). But it moves away from that more and more in later seasons.

    Also, it's awesome. I promise. Give it a try.

    ReplyDelete