Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Episode 409

There are officially less than 24 hours until the final season premiere of LOST. Because I will be locking myself in my apartment and blocking Internet access to all sites except Lostpedia for at least several days following the return, I figured it would be best to post now.

And since LOST always makes me feel like an idiot (how did I not realize that Locke's backgammon story was foreshadowing the final season?), I thought I'd take this opportunity to confirm my superior intelligence in respect to Alex Trebek.

I was planning on citing an example from last night's Jeopardy when Alex condescendingly spelled out a word to the contestants who were unable to answer a question correctly and lo and behold, he spelled it wrong (a-u-g-e-r instead of a-u-g-u-r). I was also planning on mentioning that I caught it and was vindicated minutes later when Alex was informed of his mistake and apologized for having misspoken (I actually don't remember if he said "misspoke" instead of "made a mistake" but I'm going to go ahead and trust my instincts on this one). But I don't really need to address any of that because his inferior intelligence is so blatantly clear even without such specific examples.

Though I may never be bright enough to go on Jeopardy, I can take solace in the fact that I'm at least smarter than the host. Which is more than I can say about Wheel of Fortune, because Pat Sajak cleaned up on Celebrity Jeopardy while, by the way, simultaneously stealing the show. Honestly, Pat Sajak is kind of a comedic genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment