Friday, September 17, 2010

Episode 503

A lot of good TV happened this week, but for now, while my posts are on a more personal roll, I'd like to share with you the dangers of not watching television that I experienced first-hand last night. (Speaking of the storytelling nature of my last entry, someone compared it to "the Halloween episodes of Dawson's Creek" - doesn't really move the story along, kind of a filler episode, slightly different tone than usual...but hey, they can't all be classics).

So, the story. Last night, instead of staying awake to watch Project Runway, I fell asleep about six minutes into it (let's just ignore for the time being the fact that this means I fell asleep at 9:06pm). At approximately 10:25pm, I awoke to something moderately heavy and plastic falling onto my head. My bed-mate, leaning over me to make remote to DVR contact as he furiously fast-forwarded to the exciting "one of you will be the winner, and one of you...will be out," got a little over-zealous and, yes, dropped the remote control on my head.

Moral of the story: no matter how much a week of fall premieres tuckers you out, never choose sleep -- or anything for that matter -- over TV. There are dangerous consequences (small bruise, traumatic memories).

No comments:

Post a Comment