Thursday, April 16, 2009

Episode 207

I just got a tip from one of my insiders. And I quote: "I don't know if this is a potential story for your blog, but I just saw a Toaster Strudel commercial starring Walt from Lost, and he wasn't even one of the main characters in the commercial. See what happens when you hit puberty? Toaster strudels. That's what."

Seeing Walt in toaster strudel commercials makes the whole him-standing-over-Locke-in-the-ditch thing a lot less creepy. It's kind of like seeing the ads for that new show The Unusuals that stars Michael from LOST...during LOST. You're like, well, I guess I don't have to worry about him creepily coming back to life and sneaking out of a janitor's closet again...?

This also makes me think of all of those awesome washed-up stars we love to love. Lucky for them (read: Jodi Sweetin), People magazine exists, so they can still be famous just for being drug addicts or teenage parents.

1 comment:

  1. Makes me think of seeing Kal Penn emerging from the fictional world of movies and TV (where he belongs) into real life Obama advisor. I didn't even like the "House" gig. He IS Kumar! And seeing pictures of Fred Savage grown up when should still be the cute kid from Wonder Years and Princess Bride. Don't these people have an obligation to maintain our fantasies and stay out of Toaster Strudel commercials?

    ReplyDelete