Friday, April 3, 2009

Episode 201

After a nearly month-long break, I feel like it's new season time in blog years. After all, 23 episodes is significantly longer than most first seasons, so I begin again with Season 2, after a not-so-nail-biting cliffhanger.

In line with this theme of beginnings, I want to share an anecdote from last week, something for which I am overly proud and want to broadcast to the world.

I was flipping through the channels, unable to decide if Ted Allen's Food Detectives was enough to pique my interest. I came across Home Improvement and started watching. I never followed Home Improvement, but it without fail always makes me laugh. Anyway, the little guy (don't know his name) was super young and Tim was trying to show him how to repair the dishwasher. Everything was going wrong, naturally, and then Tim got an electrical burn and they did a little dance.

I said: "I bet this is the pilot." I just knew it -- over the top Tim-being-an-idiot, the kid being ridiculously young, and Tim actually doing some sort of "home improvement" which, based on the handful of episodes I've seen, doesn't actually happen that often. Of course, I IMdB-ed it and it turns out I was right.

Aside from being unreasonably excited about this educated guess, it made me think about all of the pilot episodes of all of my favorite shows. I don't have anything insightful to say about them, and I'm feeling pressure from a certain someone's significant other, so I'm cutting off the post here and saying here you go, sir, please don't hate me!

1 comment:

  1. A certain someone's significant other who may or may not now hate you!? !@#$% cliffhangers...

    ReplyDelete