Monday, March 2, 2009

Episode 115

The finale of The Bachelor is on tonight, which means Americans will have to finally bid a sad farewell to Jason, after two seasons of gawking and oohing and aahing. But don't worry America, you will forget about him completely in about 6 months when the next season begins. I have loyally watched every season of The Bachelor, and while I can still remember some of the more recent characters -- and some of the more absurd goings on -- the tears I've spilled over bachelors and bachelorettes past seems a little ridiculous now.

This is the case for any Reality TV show. I mean, I couldn't even tell you the name of the past three winners of Survivor (Bob, Todd, and... yeah I'm out) despite the fact that I would violently shush anyone making a peep during one of the episodes. The same goes for Project Runway, America's Next Top Model, Top Chef...and the list goes on. And it's even worse for crappy reality TV shows. Beauty and the Geek? I've seen most of the seasons, but I couldn't tell you the name of even one of the characters. Or what about those older shows: For Love or Money, Paradise Hotel... not even one recollection.

It's okay that we don't remember these, because it leaves room in our brains for instant recall of episodes of The Office, Arrested Development, Dawson's Creek, and Saved by the Bell. Oh yeah, and of all that stuff I read for my classes. There's that, too.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that's my favorite book, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am waiting with bated breath for your essay on how the Jason is the king of douchebaggery. It's the only thing getting me through this day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm...SCOOTER. Hell-o! We practically knew him. There was like one degree of separation between us. Err...or was it two? I forget how you're supposed to count them.

    AND Daniel Vosovic shall never be forgotten. Even though he only came in second to...uh...the short Vietnamese chick.

    ReplyDelete